Friday, July 11, 2008

I Needed A Boost

Today is July 11th. 7-11. A very significant day in my life.

My late father, William S. Boyarsky, was born on July 11, 1926. He would have been 82 years old today, if he were still of this life. But my daddy passed away three years ago after fighting for almost ten years to beat CLL.

The numbers 7 and 11 always played a huge part in my life while I was growing up. No matter when I looked at the clock every morning in my New Jersey home, it always seemed to read 7:11. Each and every day I would glance over while getting ready for school, and it was always that time. I couldn't explain it back then, but I remember mentioning to my mom in passing. The interesting thing was that she said the same thing happened to her.

Nowadays, whenever I see 7:11 on my clock, I am reminded of my dad. It brings a warm fuzzy feeling into my heart, and always brings a smile to my face. In fact, I usually say "hi Dad" when the clock strikes 7:11...hoping that perhaps it is my Dad who is saying hi back to me!!!

As an aside, I am sorry that I haven't written a new blog entry in almost a month. Many of you have written or called and asked if everything is okay. The answer to that...yes and no. My recovery from the last Rituxan was difficult, but I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I will try to fill you in on the last few weeks, without boring you! Where to begin?

A few days before Jarrett left for camp, we took him to a Long Island Ducks baseball game. We had great seats behind the catcher, but the weather couldn't make up its mind. It was drizzling one second and beautiful the next.

That particular game was scheduled to have Grucci fireworks at the end of the night, so we stuck it out. Well, of course you know that the Ducks went into extra innings...14 in fact. But the fireworks were worth the wait. What a beautiful display! Ahhhhhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home