Thursday, June 05, 2008

This and That!

It's almost 1:00 am in the morning, and I am not the least bit tired. So much on my mind!

I finally touched base with Dr. Rumore, and he agreed to reduce my prednisone dosage to 10 mg. per day. But he made me promise that I would take that dosage each day until next week's chemo treatment.

Because my health took such a dramatic turn so fast, he doesn't want to take any chances. I trust him and will do as he says.

I finally felt somewhat "normal" over the last 24 hours...less jittery. However, my gal pals Liv and Ceil took me on an outing today, and I couldn't keep a steady hand throughout our lunch. But we walked the entire length of the South Shore Mall...back and forth! That is quite an accomplishment, even with a cane!

I just can't seem to settle down at all. Between the hot flashes, swollen hands and feet, and constant hunger...it takes everything I have to just get through each moment in some sane manner!

In just one week I will undergo my second chemo treatment...thank GOD! Then it will be over for, what we pray, will be another year.

I am optimistic that all will be fine. I have been telling my friends that there is no use in complaining because I have been here before. So, watch out world...I will be back and stronger than ever in both body and mind!

In fact, tomorrow I am going to attempt to drive...I think it will be okay...and I am going to register for two summer classes. Golf and tennis.

Yes...SPORTS classes. Sal and I always wanted to share a sport together, and I suggested golf. The classes are held at a small course at the beach two evenings a week for five sessions. I hope we can get in the class...it would be a great thing for us to share.

And tennis. Well, considering I played pro tennis in my younger days...and I made a promise to myself that if I beat this disease that I would get back on the courts...I am going to give it a go.

They offer an early morning class right around the corner from our home, two days a week, for six weeks. Despite that I was a 6.5 player a thousand years ago in my former life, I am going to try and sign up for intermediate lessons. They begin the end of the month, so I should be ready by then. If not, well, I'll just watch until my strength comes back.

I have to purchase a pair of tennis shoes and probably a new racket. My older two are smaller and heavier than the newer models in the stores today. So I will venture out one day soon, before my next treatment, and test a few out.

Maybe you all think I am nuts...but life must go on. And this is my way of making it happen even sooner. If I just sit and wait to feel better, I may never get the kick in the pants I need! If I don't try, I'll never know. Right?!

My band is starting to line up some gigs, so that is a big plus for me. And I just received my paperwork from the NYC Office of the City Clerk. I am officially a New York State Registered Wedding Officiant! Which means I can marry anyone, anywhere!!!

More good news...
I was notified that I received an "honorable mention" for a contest I entered asking what it means to me to be a "Rockin Mom!" You can read my essay, along with all the other winners at:
https://www.rockinmoms.com/index.php
(Scroll down to the bottom...it is on the left hand side!)

We are supposed to have a gorgeous upcoming weekend. But very, very hot.

No complaints here. Sunday is Pride Day on Long Island...and I'll be with the thousands of other supporters marching on Main Street in Huntington Village. In fact, I offered my convertible to LIGALY (Long Island Gay & Lesbian Youth)...so I will be their chaffeur! (Hey, I can't walk it...so driving ain't half bad!) I'll just make sure I have hot dance tunes blasting out of my speakers!

May you all have a blessed evening.
Love to all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hot dance tunes blasting out of your speakers"! I thought you had better taste in music than that! Have a great weekend and I'm happy to hear thay you're doing better. See ya soon.

danny

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home