Monday, June 02, 2008

A Late Night

Wow! I cannot believe it is the beginning of June!

Everything is happening so quickly, and I don't really have time to think or react!

Five days have gone by since my Rituxan treatment, and in less than ten days I go back for the last one! This third round isn't as bad as the last two, but it still isn't fun.

I did rather well for the first few hours, but as soon as the nurse sped up the drip I knew it was going to be a problem! Thank goodness I was alert enough to realize the changes in my body, so she slowed it down until the treatment was complete.

Two benadryl's did absolutely NOTHING this time. I was so pumped up from the steroids that I actually didn't fall asleep until the next evening. What a horrible feeling to be wide awake for over 24 hours, and feel like crap. But when the steroid finally wore off, boy...did I crash!

There were several differences this time, from what I can remember. I actually had a horrible bout of the dry heaves after two days, but they passed rather quickly. I really haven't gotten the flu-like symptoms too bad either, just a mild fever on and off for two days.

I just can't sit still. I lowered my prednisone from 40 mg to 20 mg because I thought I was going to jump out of my skin. It's bad enough that I am swollen and irritable, but I don't want to get arrested for something out of my control!!!

We were actually invited to a housewarming party on Saturday in town, so I decided to go for a few hours...despite how I was feeling. And on Sunday morning we got out of the house early to run some errands.

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous, so I am sure that has helped my quick comeback to life. I don't feel great, but I will take this over last week's experiences. It got so bad that I could barely walk. It was amazing how fast my health took a spiral turn.

I am so thankful for all of the wonderful letters and phone calls from all of you. You have no idea how much each one of them mean to me.

This evening I decided that I wouldn't go to bed without getting my new website "live" and running, (feel free to check it out: www.beaconoflightministry.com) and that I would add a new blog update.

So, it is now 2:05 am and I have completed both tasks. Hooray for me!

Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it. And with a positive attitude, there are no limits. NONE at all!

Today was a good day...not great...but good. And tomorrow will be even better!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Andrea said...

That's great Bev! Being positive is sometimes tough but it leads to success and you're on them move!
Keep pushing and motivating!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home