Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Am Okay

I'm baaaack!

I am finally feeling human again. After my Rituxan treatment on Thursday, my body seemed to have been taken over by some strange body snatchers. Between the vomiting, tremors, sweats...well, you get the picture...I didn't have too much fun.

Each time I have chemotherapy, my body reacts in different ways. All I did was lay down all weekend long. It was so painful just taking a shower. As the water touched my skin, it felt like someone was hitting me.

Over the weekend someone adopted our little cat, Gabby. We were looking to have both cats adopted together due to circumstances, but she only wanted the little one. I feel sad for Gizmo, as he is walking around looking for his little sister. But hopefully all will work out.

Between the damage she was doing to the house since we brought Goldie home, and with Jarrett's allergies, cats are not a good thing for us at this time. But we will keep Gizmo for now and see how things pan out. I have never given up a pet before, and it truly has broken my heart. Knowing that she went to a loving home does make it easier though.

On a positive note, I had quite a wonderful surprise on Sunday. The doorbell rang, and it was a delivery from Edible Arrangments. I couldn't imagine who sent me a gift.

The card read:

"Dear Mommy. I just wanted you to know that I love you so much. Miss you too, but I'm trying my hardest to learn everything I can so I will be able to help you. See you soon! Love, Goldie"

Can you believe it? Goldie's trainer, bless her heart, knew how much I was missing my little girl, so she sent the arrangment. There are truly wonderful people in this world!

Today I felt like I got hit by a truck, but at least I was able to go out for a few hours. I actually went over to the Boulton Centre to see psychic Jeffrey Wands. The evening was quite entertaining! Instead of standing on stage, he actually walked right into the audience and randomly did readings on audience members. Of course, he stood right in front of me and never looked my way!

However, he did a book signing after the show and I thought that it would be the perfect time to ask him a question.

All I asked was "Will I be okay?"

He looked at me and said, "Your grandma is right here and she says they aren't ready for you yet. You will be fine, just listen to her when she talks to you!"

Grandma...you know how much I love you. I always listened to you when you were here, and I won't stop now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is Jarred feeling about loosing Goldie? I'm sure he's upset and probably feels responsible. I hope you help him to get thru this and not to fell responsible for her leaving. Yes, it did cause him geat discomfort with her being in the house, but Jarred is your first priority and as a parent you have to do what's best for him. Also, I'm sure he can visit Goldie whenever he wants.
As for you, I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough few days. It's good to hear you're slowly getting back onto your feet again. If I don't see you at practice (will we ever practice again?) then I'll see you at the gig.
Danny

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Danny. We didn't get rid of Goldie...we gave away Gabby our cat. Yes, Jarrett feels bad, but he understands. Best not to visit her. Just need to walk away!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home