Monday, April 28, 2008

Six Days Until the Half Marathon

In just six days, "Lisa's Run for Myositis" will become a reality. As I had written in a previous blog update, local Long Island runner/friend Lisa Korcz has taken on the challenge of the Long Island Half Marathon on Sunday, May 4, 2008 at Eisenhower Park in East Meadow, New York.

What sets her personal run apart from the thousands of other runners that day is that she is dedicating her entire run to The Myositis Association in my honor! All proceeds will go directly to TMA to help those, like myself, live longer, healthier lives.

It is not too late to donate to the cause. Her goal is to raise $1000, but she still needs your help in achieving that magic number. If you can help, please click on this link to donate:
http://www.myositis.org/community/campaign.cfm?id=3434

While I am currently in remission for Polymyositis, I am still fighting for my life each and every day. Research shows that the mortality rate after several years of the disease is approximately 15%, which reflects the higher rate of mortality in patients with connective tissue diseases, (which I have) cardiac involvement or cancer.

Very little is known about this rare condition and there is little or no money for research. But with your help, we can fund research projects and hopefully one day find a cure.

My family, friends and I will be cheering Lisa on this Sunday...loud and strong. We'll be wearing our t-shirts and carrying our signs. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we sparked just a little interest that day from the crowd and the media about Myositis? One can dream, can't one?!!

Unfortunately I haven't been feeling well the last few days. I am getting weaker and weaker, but I am trying to fight it with everything I have. I actually went in the pool this weekend, as I cranked the heat up to 89 degrees. It felt wonderful getting into the water and doing my exercises. There was no pain as I swam six laps from one end to the other.

It is so cold and raw out today, and the weather will not be conducive to taking another dip for quite some time. So I will take it easy with hopes that the pain in my joints calms down.

On a high note, I was contacted by a wonderful Long Island woman who recently found my blog. She also was diagnosed with MCTD and has not been able to find any answers. Her story has touched me deeply, and I will do everything in my power to help her. May God bless her and her family.

I made a decision this weekend that I have to go back to my schoolwork full time. I am proud of the fact that I finished my ministry studies, but my goal is to complete my doctorate in one year from now.

I spent the entire morning reading the second chapter of my book on the Metaphysical Psychology of Consciousness. It was fascinating to read and realize that my personal experience two years ago, in finding metaphysics and being touched by God, was actually a form of being "born again!"

I quote, "An individual is mentally reborn through a direct experience of what can only be described as a Divine Consciousness when compared to the usual conscious life activity of the average person."

The experience of the innermost state of mind provides a person with the greatest life transforming power in one's life.

It is true! When I was lying in bed one morning, unable to do anything for myself , I decided that I was ready to give up. I honestly did not want to live another day. How could I go on, being totally dependent on others? How could I live without the use of my arms, legs and my brain?

Just then...something happened. I had a revelation of sorts! Someone was there with me, guiding me back to my life. I was, at that point, one with God.

The energy in my bedroom was intense. Even though I experienced this "oneness with the universe" for only a few seconds, it is the major influencing factor in why I am still of this earth and now an ordained minister.

I was able to personally identify as to why I am here...to live life more productively and to help others find inner peace and, most importantly, their true identity.

I have learned that The kingdom of heaven is not an afterdeath experience. In fact, it is here and now.

The kingdom of heaven is a place within each of us...a place to become one with God.

1 Comments:

Blogger sandy said...

Hi, i'm not a doctor, but have you tried taheebo? i have had some good results - but be careful it is strong and a blood thinner- research it yourself online first re. your situation. You boil it for 10 minutes, and i would try just 1-2 tablespoons at first when well rested. Have you had IVIG? Others have had good results with it.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home