Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Always and Forever

April 6, 2008. A day that was like no other.

Perfection.

Total bliss.

Pure love.

It was the day my soulmate of eight years and I exchanged vows. The day of our 'holy union.'

I am still floating on cloud nine. Every single person told us that they could feel the love surrounding us all day.

Words cannot express what is running through my head. (Can you believe that I am speechless!!) LOL

From the instant I put on my gown, to the moment my eyes met Sally's for the first time that morning, life has changed.

Standing at the altar, exchanging vows, placing the rings on each others finger, drinking the wine, participating in the sand ceremony...OMG! And when the crowd yelled "Mazel Tov" after I broke the glass, it was amazing!

I asked Sally if she felt that "something" had changed for her halfway through the ceremony, because I felt a sensation...like someone had opened up a new door for us to enter. She totally agreed. We looked at each other like never before. The total love that we have for each other has grown even deeper, even though I thought that was totally impossible.
The way we were looking at each other, whispering "I love you" to one another, over and over again as the minister read. My heart was so full it felt like it was going to explode.

Whenever I caught a glimpse of someone in the audience, they were beaming from ear to ear. There was not a dry eye in the room!

Even though there was a definite chill in the air outside on the water, it did not rain the entire day. In fact, the moment that Sally and I stepped onto the dock for pictures, the sun broke through the clouds right above us. We both smiled and said that Dad was definitely with us, shining down upon our union.

The day was unforgettable...from the gigantic white limo, to the attentive staff, exquisite food, funky music, crazy/fun moments...it is a day that I will never forget. And, I administered my first blessing as an ordained minister!

Our good friends Pete and Eric performed during the ceremony. Eric has been blessed with a voice from heaven above. And our friend Drea sang a tune off of her newly released CD during the reception. How cool is that?

God truly blessed the two of us with the most wonderful friends and family in the world.

Sally's Mom, Suzanne, and sister, Monique, flew in and spent a few days with us, and I am thankful that we truly got to know one another. We have so much time to make up for, and I am looking forward to that!

My beautiful Mom, Bernadine, well...I am the envy of everyone I know! I am the luckiest daughter in the universe!

Our son Jarrett...he made us extremely proud. He looked so dapper!

Our bridal party...gorgeous! The best!

To everyone who supported us...we thank you, from the bottom of our hearts. We love you. Always and forever!

4 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

This was the most compelling and emotional ceremony that I have ever attended. Afterall, we are talking about two wonderful, mature adults who have already lived through relationships, trials and tribulation, who have been committed to each for many years of growth. It is not at all hard to understand why that strong feeling of love was all that there was in the room and in everyones' hearts. It was all for the three of you because no three people deserve it more.

Andy.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

It was perfect! Through everything you've come out on top.
Thank you for sharing it with us.

Love Joanne and Kristen

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Ann said...

Thank you for allowing us to share in your beautiful, glorious day! You were both so radiant and beautiful, may you have a joyous journey together!

Love Always,
Ann & Dan Vazquez

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog. It's very helpful to read what others are going through and how they find a way to get through it and live their lives. I was diagnosed with Polymyositis in Oct, 2006. My Ck levesl were 207,000. I had severe Rhabdomyolosis, and I couldn't move my arms, hands, head, legs, etc. I couldn't get up out of bed or out of a chair. I spent two months in the hospital and 6 weeks in a physical rehabilitation center before returning home with a walker. Another 3 months of outpatient physical therapy, before returning to work part time. 1.5 years later, my CK levels have been under 200 for four months, I'm able to workout 3x a week and I'm running again (running had always been a passion of mine since high-school...I'm 43 now). I'm training for a half marathon in St. Louis in September. I'm able to run 10 miles now (although about 3 minutes a mile slower than before I got sick). My hope is to complete this half marathon this year and hopefully run a full marathon next year. Wish me luck!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home