Friday, March 07, 2008

I Am Truly Blessed

Thank you, almighty God, from the bottom of my heart for all of your blessings.

I am sitting at my computer in tears. Now don't get upset...they are not tears of sadness. They are happy tears.

My life has totally changed since I have been touched by God through my illness. Letters are coming in, weekly, from people all over THE WORLD, thanking me for this blog. (Just take a peek at the comment after my last blog entry!)

And now that I am officially an ordained minister, I will continue to support people to the best of my ability.

Today I took the first step towards establishing a ministry, something that I hope to fully achieve once I receive my doctoral degree. The timeframe is at least a year or more at this point, but I can wait! I know time is of the essence when you are ill, but God is looking after me.

I received an email from someone associated with The Myositis Association, asking me to attend an event two days before my 50th birthday. This dinner will open me up to meeting people who are at the forefront of the fight against this horrific disease.

Can there be a better way to help support others with this disease, along with their families, if I meet the leaders in our fight? Absolutely not!

It is my goal to minister to those afflicted with myositis, and their loved ones...with the hopes that together...we can beat this thing.

We need the monetary support, of course, that goes without saying. And thanks to people like Lisa Korcz, who is running the Half Marathon on my behalf, people are starting to listen.

But we specifically need the support of the US government and its leaders to fight for funding for much needed research, and to get the pharmaceutical companies on board.

Yes...we need to take it one day at a time. One foot in front of the other...just like I have been doing each day since my diagnosis. But with God on our side, we can't lose!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home