Sunday, March 30, 2008

FFFFFifty!

The big 5-0! Half a century! Ten times five!

Fifty is the smallest number that can be written as the sum of two squares in two distinct ways: 50 = 12 + 72 = 52 + 52. It is also the sum of three squares, 50 = 32 + 42 + 52.

Fifty is the atomic number of tin, and the fifth magic number in physics.

And let's not forget there are fifty states in the good old USA!

Since my diagnosis three years ago, I honestly did not know if I would be around to celebrate this milestone birthday. But thanks to God, my doctors, my family and friends, I had a great day!

Sally, Jarrett, Mom and I hopped the train in Babylon to NYC on Friday afternoon, and I was treated to a night on the town. We had a wonderful dinner at Tony's Di Napoli Restaurant. Even Barbara showed up to celebrate with us!

The service was first-class, and the waiter serenaded me with an operatic Italian version of 'Happy Birthday!' It was one of the best eggplant parm dishes I ever tasted! (Even better than mine!)

The four of us proceeded to the Hilton Theatre to see the new Mel Brooks musical "Young Frankenstein." OMG...it was soooo funny! And the pyrotechnics were amazing!

Then, on Saturday afternoon the celebration continued. A bunch of my closest friends surprised me at Milk and Sugar in Bay Shore. We had a wonderful lunch and the cake was to "die for!"

Our bridal party also surprised Sally and I with pre-wedding gifts...all Lenox pieces to use at the commitment ceremony. (Champagne glasses, knife, guest book, etc.) They are absolutely gorgeous!

Overall, I am one lucky lady...in many, many ways. And I will be eternally grateful that I was given the opportunity to celebrate another birthday.

I was given a second chance at life. I have achieved so much, and I promise to continue on...full speed ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home