Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Bachelorette Party!

Last night my closest friends surprised me with a "bachelorette party" at a local restaurant. I knew it was happening, but I had no idea what we were doing or where we were going.

Sally had given me a special t-shirt to wear for the occasion, so I was prepared! Or so I thought!

Dawn and Pat picked me up at the house and drove to Amityville. They parked the car and we walked into an unfamiliar place...but I did see a large table filled with friendly faces. In fact, some faces that I was shocked to see!

Immediately I was given specific attire to wear for the evening. It included a baseball cap that said 'bachelorette,' a flashing 'bride to be' pin, a sash and an enormously heavy plastic diamond ring. I was told the ring I received from Sally didn't have a big enough diamond in it!

The first thing I did was make my way around to each and everyone at the table to thank them. I felt such a warm feeling...the love was there in layers!

Needless to say, I had a few drinks. Yes...I know...I don't drink. But what the heck! I felt no pain!!! ha, ha

After the wonderful meal, lots of photographs and tons of hugs, a few of us proceeded to our next destination...BOWLING! Yes, bowling! But this was no ordinary bowling alley. It was a nightclub, filled with flashing lights, loud music and lots of laughter.

I had a fantastic time...and it will be a night I will always treasure in my heart. I am truly blessed with the best friends on this planet. And for that, I am eternally grateful.

Three weeks and counting. Oh my!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to help facilitate your healing. To that end, please let me BEG of you to read the book "HEALTHY AT 100" by John Robbins. When you find out who he is, and what he denounced, it may shock you to the very core! This book is probably available in all major bookstores, if not from your local library for free. What's more, several videos of him are avialable on youtube.com, as well.

Best Wishes...

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home