Monday, February 11, 2008

Inspiration and Creativity Equals An Open Mind

Last week was extremely busy, but I put my nose in my ministry books and never looked up! I am so fascinated by the teachings that I seem to have a one track mind at the moment!

I knew a few years ago...probably a year or so into my illness...that I needed to change my life. I am not only referring to my way of life, (the long hours, sacrifices, anger, stress, plus giving my all to others instead of myself), but that I needed to change direction.

I realized that all it takes to change one's life is ONE creative idea. This idea will ultimately bring you intuitively into line with your own individual purpose for being.

You see, when you are told you have a rare, incurable disease...your life changes immediately. Things are put in perspective. You take each day...one moment at a time. You take nothing for granted.

Lying in bed for several months put my mind in a totally different hemisphere. All of a sudden being totally dependent on others for life's daily necessities--eating, going to the bathroom, etc.--was a scenerio I never imagined, much less had to actually experience/live daily.

But this "down time" also brought me to another place...one of peace and contentment. I let my mind be open...allowing creative thoughts to enter. I also paid close attention to the content of my dreams, which I soon found out to be God's way of directing me.

So many times, despite the pain and depression, I felt inspiration deep within my soul. Like a feeling of knowledge that I needed to pursue a particular direction.

It was through creative inspiration and an open mind and heart, that I found metaphysics. Each day I allow God to inspire my thoughts...allowing ideas to flow freely into my mind.

As a student of metaphysics, I am studying the philosophy that investigates principles of reality transcending those of any particular science. I am trying to understand things that are beyond the physical world.

Currently I am trying to have a sense of control over my life. This can be accomplished by taking away the daily demands of my life from the personal part of my mind...giving total control to God.

Keeping a positive mental attitude and knowing that I am not dealing with lifes ups and downs on my own, helps me keep control in my life. This control can ultimately bring me peace and happiness overall.

To this day, I never allow myself to be limited by my illness. When an idea comes to mind, I don't dismiss it. Instead, I talk about it with loved ones, and allow God to guide me.

Last week I auditioned for a contemporary a capella group, something I never considered before. It would use all of my former musical reading knowledge, and challenge my vocal ability and skills.

The audition actually made quite an impression on me. I don't know where this will take me, but I am ready for the journey if God has it on my "to do" list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home