Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Silver Bells...It's Christmas Time on Long Island!

Christmas 2007 is winding down. It has been a hectic few days, but overall I have been feeling okay.

Dylan woke me up this morning with his famous bark, informing me that he wanted to open his presents! Whoever coined the phrase "dumb animals" never met our nine year-old golden! He had been eyeing the gifts since we put them under the tree last night, and as soon as I opened my eyes this morning, he wanted his!!!

Goldie and Dylan waiting to open their gifts!


This was Goldie's first Christmas, so we didn't know what to expect. But she was quite calm and enjoyed experiencing all the excitement. And of course, she loved her new baby!

We all exchanged gifts while holiday music played in the background. Sally even videotaped some key moments, especially when Jarrett and I danced around in our Santa hats. What a sight!


Matching shirts that say "Buy Me a Shot, I'm Tying the Knot!"

I personally delivered holiday cheer to our neighbors, and told them I have a lot to be thankful for this year. They were all very appreciative.

Pat and Dawn invited us to share Christmas dinner with them and their family, and of course, we had a wonderful time. I love the two of them so much! They are more than just friends...they are the sisters I never had.

Last night we spent Christmas eve at friends' of ours in Babylon. They have an annual holiday cocktail party/dinner, and we were so thrilled to be counted in this year. Especially since I hadn't seen them in almost 15 years! We reconnected this past fall, and I am certain we will never lose touch again.

The only thing I missed this holiday was having my family, especially my brother and my nephews, here for our annual holiday dinner. Due to circumstances beyond MY control, the family hasn't gotten together to exchange gifts. But perhaps it can still happen in the next week or so.
I did experience a very special moment today. Sally's Aunt Patricia called to wish us a good holiday, and she asked to speak to me. I have never met her since she and Uncle Pat live in Florida, and have not been able to travel. But she promised that they'd try to make our ceremony this April.

We spoke for just a few moments, but her words meant more to me than I can ever say. She said that even though we have never met, she loves me and considers me to be like a daughter. I could not hold back the tears!

I have so much to be thankful for this holiday season, and so much to look forward to in 2008. Better health and love of family and friends!

God is truly good!

1 Comments:

OpenID JAZZ3056 said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR . DYLAN LOOKS GOOD.LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WILL BE IN THE PARK
JULIE

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home