Monday, December 31, 2007

Out With the Old, In With the New!

Less than twelve hours and counting until 2008. I am scrambling to get things in order for the coming year, while in-between I am doing my chores. We are staying in this evening...no big plans. Just putting on our pajamas, lighting a fire, watching a movie and probably catching the ball drop at Times Square on TV.

The air has a chill in it today, but we didn't get the snow they mentioned in the forecast. It may still happen tonight, but that is okay!

So much has happened in 2007...good and bad. But the good definitely overrides the bad a million times over. I legally adopted my son, Sally and I set our wedding date, we bought rings, Sally changed her last name to mine, we went on a mini vacation, and most importantly...I am in remission!

A person looks at life and the world differently when faced with a life threatening illness. A year ago the docs thought they could no longer help me, which meant life could be over sooner than later. But I am thankful and am blessed for so many things, including:

1. My loving partner, the love of my life...who without her, my world would be empty. She has given me more than I can ever say. The deep connection we have is stronger than life itself. Thank you for giving me the greatest gift of all, our son.

2. My son, my 14 year old bundle of energy. He makes me smile each and every day. I never thought I would be a parent at this phase of my life...but miracles do happen. Thank you for taking Grandpa's name...you make us all very proud!
Jarrett William Boyarsky
3. My mom. What can I say? She has been there for me and with me through every joyous and sad day in my life. Not only is she my mom, she is a true friend. God truly blessed me with a "One in million" mom. I love you, Mom, with all my heart and soul.
4. My family. Past, present and future. I especially am thankful for my loving brother and godson/nephew. And to those who have passed including Dad, Grandma Jean, Grandpa Sam, and all the rest...I miss you with all my heart and soul.

5. My friends, from childhood through today. Dawn, Pat, Joan, Monique, Barbara, Karen, Kat, Joanne, Kristen, Drea, Tracey, Nancy, John, Sharon, Mary, Sima, Marc, Rich, Brian, my band members...just to name a few. I am blessed to have you all in my life. And those who have passed as well including Lorna and Ron, you are always in my memory.

6. My new family. Monique, Suzanne, Virginia, Patricia, Pat, Marie, Julie, Alfred, Janine, Jack, Jessie...and all of Sally's clan. Thank you for welcoming me into your family.

7. My four-legged family, past and present. Prince, Casey, Kandie, Dylan, Gizmo, Gabby and Goldie. They were and still are the best friends any human can have. No judgements, just unconditional love.

8. My doctors. What can I say? Dr. Rumore...you saved my life. Thank you also to Dr. Spiera, Dr. Cippola, Dr. Gudesblatt, Dr. Maurio, and Dr. Ruisi. God has blessed me with the most brilliant physicians on earth.

9. Genetech USA, the makers of Rituxan. For providing me with the medication, free of charge, that saved my life.

10. Donna Rosen, Judge Freundlich and the entire Suffolk County court system. You have given me the greatest gift of all...my new family for life.

11. The United States Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force, past and present, for defending our freedom all over the world.

12. Last, but definitely not least, almighty God. The higher power within the universe. You have allowed me to wake up each morning, and gave me a second chance at life. I can play with my dogs, walk along the ocean, and most importantly...study to better serve you. You have guided me in a positive direction and have given me strength and courage to move forward. Studying to become an ordained minister and receive my doctoral degree in Metaphysics within the next year will be the way I give thanks for all you have done for me.

My wish for everyone is a happy, healthy and safe New Year. I look forward to writing much more in the years to come, and enjoy reading all of your comments. Please keep them coming.

Let me close my 2007 blog with a quote from Rabbi Harold Kushner:

"If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation,

you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude,

a feeling that nutures the soul."

2 Comments:

Blogger Rich Freundlich said...

Absoltuely wonderful sentiments and ALL true! What else would one expect from such a beautiful person as you, Bev. My best to you and your family in the new year. Rich

3:36 PM  
OpenID k1014s said...

Bev,

In so many ways you are the most brilliant person I know. Your writing touches my heart each time I read your blog. Thank you for your willigness to share your life with those you love. I may not say it nearly enough but I love you my friend. We've had a connection right from the start.

Karen

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home