Saturday, December 29, 2007

Excited & Tired, All At The Same Time!

I am completely and utterly exhausted. I don't think I can type too much either. Let me explain!
Today we spent the ENTIRE DAY shopping for wedding dresses. Yes, ALL DAY! Mom, Dawn and Pat accompanied us and, whew, was that an experience. I cannot begin to tell you how many outfits I tried on.
Originally I only wanted to get a wedding suit. Then I decided to get a dress. But after today, I am actually going to wear a wedding gown.
Yes, you read that right. Now, for those of you who have known me for a long time, you must be re-reading that over again while your mouths drop. But for those of you who don't know me...I haven't worn a dress since 1998. You see, I wore suits with skirts every day to work until then...but when I turned 40 I decided I would never wear a dress or skirt again. Guess I was wrong!
At one shop, Sally walked out in this stunning gown and I started to cry. Everyone within shouting distance stopped and just stood there with their mouths to the floor. All Dawn and I could say was "wow!" She will be absolutely gorgeous on our big day...I can't wait!
Looks like I also had the "wow" factor with one gown. But the decision was sealed when Mom started to cry. I knew I had found "the" gown!
This is really the last thing we have to do, formally, besides mail out the invites next month. I cannot believe our big day is just a few months away. We have been talking about it for so long...and it is getting closer and closer.
Me and my honey!
Sally and I actually celebrated our eighth anniversary this past Thursday night at Cafe Testarosa in Syosset. It was fantastic...superb! We were laughing because we realized that we have to start counting our anniversary from the beginning again after the commitment ceremony. That is weird, right?
Let me just continue on the path to good health from this day forward. I haven't been feeling well lately, but I am trying to fight it. I can't really say what is wrong, except that I am dizzy very often. I have been off the Imuran for three weeks due to continuous dental work. Perhaps my body is weakening.
I had blood work last week, so I should know something right after the new year.
Here's to a happy, healthy and joyous 2008. May God bless each and every one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home