Thursday, August 16, 2007

SPECTACULAR

According to the American Heritage Dictionary, the word "spectacular" is an adjective meaning "of the nature of a spectacle; impressive or sensational."

That was the one word that world-renowned rheumatologist Dr. Harry Spiera repeated over and over again yesterday in his New York City office, as he described my progress!

It has been a month since my last Rituxan treatment, and according to Dr. Spiera, he doesn't believe I will need another one for a year or more from now! Wouldn't that be a miracle?

I am feeling much better, my strength is coming back, but my lower left hip joint and neck flexers still need improvement. Even though I am extremely exhausted/fatigued all the time, his thought process on that is to begin a serious daily exercise routine.

The two most important things I can do for myself at this moment are swimming and walking.

He was concerned with my horrible reaction to the chemo and the fact that I have been getting upper respiratory infections on a regular basis. However, overall he is amazed!

The fact that Rituxan is still not approved by the FDA for my disease process is a sin. And the doctor said that with results like mine, it will be approved much sooner. He plans on writing my story and submitting it to them as proof!

I am extremely thrilled, but still cautious. Things can change on a dime, but I will continue to fight and do exactly what the doctor ordered!

It's spectacular!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home