Sunday, August 12, 2007

Progress Takes Time

Well, well, well! The summer is slipping by so quickly!

Jarrett leaves for his last two weeks of camp tomorrow morning, and next Saturday is our annual party. Lots to do beforehand, but it should be a blast.

Had a busy week overall. Jarrett and I drove out to New Jersey to see Mom, and my Godson joined us for lunch. The two boys ended up playing Guitar Hero. Seems most of the kids are addicted to that new Playstation game. I must admit, it is alot of fun!

It is wonderful to see my two favorite boys in the whole world hanging out together. It truly makes my heart smile. I am so blessed to have both of them in my life...my newest son and my godson. I love them both with all my heart and soul.

I drove Jarrett and his friend, Garry, to Inline-1 out in Mt. Sinai this week. It is the largest skatepark in New York. They had a blast, but it was the hottest day of the year. I guess I am a super Mom to have stayed almost five hours waiting and watching in the heat!

It was quite fascinating to watch all those talented kids on their boards spinning and flying through the air. That was one sport I never had an interest in. I couldn't keep my balance, except on rollerskates!

Last night we had seats in the suite at Ducks Stadium. It was nice, but we were sure glad to be inside. It was freezing out...in the 50s during game time! Dawn invited us to use the HIP suite--La, De, Da!!!

I have been receiving compliments all week about how good I am looking. When I looked into the mirror today, I actually smiled. I am feeling so much stronger and I am thinner! But I still must take it a day at a time.
Now that Sally and I will be alone for the next two weeks, it is time to discuss our wedding plans...get down to business--as they say! I cannot believe we are finally tying the knot! Hooray. First we need a date and then we can look for a place to hold it.
Enough for now. I see Dr. Spiera on Tuesday in Manhattan. I am curious to see how he thinks I am progressing. Thank God my insurance company paid for the entire chemo treatment last month...one less thing to worry about. Money is so tight again...but as long as my health is improving, that is what counts the most.
The beat goes on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home