Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Eighth Month Begins!

It's August 1st. The summer is flying by and we are in the beginning of a heatwave.

Once again I was lax in keeping up with this blog. After my second treatment, I had a very difficult time...but each day seems to get a bit better. I am still quite exhausted, and have trouble getting out of bed each day.

Sally and I finally got out of town for a few days last week. We drove two hours to New Hope, Pennsylvania and stayed at a quaint B & B. I really felt horrible physically, but I knew that we both needed some time away.

We walked around town, had some wonderful meals in Lambertville and New Hope, took a ferry ride down the Delaware, and best of all...we ordered wedding bands! We fell in love with them, and will probably wear them before we actually have a ceremony. If NYS doesn't pass a law within the next year so that we can legally be united, we decided we'll have a commitment ceremony with our close friends and family by our side.

The ferry ride along the Delaware was so peaceful. The tour guide gave us a history lesson about George Washington crossing the Delaware. In fact, we rode in that exact location where he crossed! It was pretty cool!!

Wildlife was all around us...and it was an hour I will never forget!

Friday night we went to see my friend Joan and her band, Flashpoint, play at a local church carnival. Most of the guys were former members of my old band, Electro-Static. I miss them immensely! They were so excited to see me!

Then this past Saturday night, my band had a gig in Rego Park, Queens. It was great to see all the guys...it had been over a month and a half! They couldn't believe how much I had changed...especially the weight loss.

It felt wonderful to get up and sing again, even though there were many moments that I didn't think I could continue. But my love of the music and my friends' support got me through the evening. I even surprised everyone in the second set when I pulled out a guitar and played along!

Jarrett gets home from camp this weekend, and doesn't go back for a week. I took care of all his school paperwork today...doing the name change thing. I just need to find out when tryouts begin for cross country so that he doesn't miss them!

Well, I think I should go out and swim now. It is around 90 degrees and I haven't been in the pool for weeks.

Stay cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home