Friday, June 29, 2007

Day Two After Infusion: Ugh!

Whew. I feel like I got the wind knocked out of my sails. I barely have the energy to write, but I really need to.

I finally had another Rituxan treatment on Tuesday, and it went rather smoothly. The only minor blip was that my blood pressure fell to 86/60 and they couldn't wake me up. That's what happens when you give me 50 mg. of Benadryl!

I fell asleep and the nurse tried to wake me up to take my vitals. It took a few times...and her face was white as a ghost when I looked up at her and said hello!

I actually finished my treatment in six hours, and went home and had severe sweats and a headache. I could hardly sleep all night, and was on hyperdrive the next morning...thanks to the steroid drip! My feet and hands were swollen, and I ran to the bathroom a hundred times an hour to get rid of the fluids.

Today I felt like I got hit by a truck. Everything hurts--I could barely lift my head off the pillow. I slept on and off, even during the thunderstorms. I guess the high temps and high humidity isn't helping me either.

I am so tired of being tired, and decided to write. I pray that tomorrow brings some sunshine and less pain to my day.

Adios for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home