Thursday, April 19, 2007

Here Comes The Sun

The sun is finally shining!

After weeks of horrible weather, a Nor'Easter and tons of rain, the sun is out! I almost forgot what is was like to smile! It seems that sunshine and smiling go hand and hand.

A little over an hour ago, Sally and I returned from driving three hours from South Jersey, where we attended Uncle Joel's funeral.

Only a handful of mourners came to this morning's graveside service. Upon arriving at the cemetery, we were greated by an honor guard--two very young Air Force cadets.

As they folded the flag that draped Uncle Joel's simple pine casket, each of us remembered how much he loved this country. The young cadet stood perfectly still as taps played in the background. The simple, yet moving salute to another War hero...my Uncle Joel. We will never forget you.

What started out as a very sad, dreary day, has turned into a glorious evening.

As I took a stroll into our backyard when we got home, I noticed all the tiny buds on the trees. I sat down on our outdoor swing and listened to the robins singing their sweet tune.

In the yard, my peripheral view caught sight of the yellow daffodils and forsythia in full bloom, and after only a few hours of sunshine...the grass is noticeably greener.

It's the little things in life that now mean so very much to me. What a wonderful day to be alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home