Thursday, March 01, 2007

Spring Is In The Air

Today is March 1st. It was a beautiful day...close to 50 degrees. The sun was shining, birds chirping. I even heard a cricket in the backyard by the shed! Who could believe that only five days ago we got a few inches of snow!!!

Daylight Savings Time begins on March 11th, and then ten days later is the first day of spring. I cannot wait...even though I know we could still have winter weather. But I always felt that once it hit my birthday on the 28th, we weren't that far away from the warm temperatures! I am going to be 49...oy vey...49! Time is really passing by quickly.

Yesterday I had my taxes done and I am in big do do. Because I received lump sum payments for my disability in 2006, rather than spread into 2005 and 2006, I owe big time. Yet one more reason to get myself stressed out. I realize there is nothing I can do about it, so why get upset? We do what we must do. I really don't understand...if I am disabled and receiving only disability payments...why do I have to pay tax on that money? Don't they realize I can barely get by as it is? NO THEY DO NOT.

I actually woke up very happy today, full of energy. Must be the sunshine! I ventured out for the first time alone...in over four weeks. I got into my car and drove into town. About an hour later I thought I was going to collapse, so I came home. I guess I just have to take it slow. Tomorrow I will rest, except to go to the local pharmacy. I have a big night on Saturday...and I have to save my energy.

Tah, tah for now!







This photo was actually taken from my front window!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home