Saturday, March 10, 2007

Here We Go!

One...two...three...! Remember to breathe!

If that sounds like something you hear at the gym, you are right. I started exercising yesterday at home with my son. The doc said it would be better not to go for physical therapy yet. Since I am a former bodybuilder, I know what I am doing, so it is fine. As long as I don't do it alone!

I walked on the treadmill at 2.0 miles per hour for five minutes. Not bad after such a long hiatus. I also lifted five pounds for my bis and tris. Today I am a bit sore, but not too bad!

Today the three of us worked out together. I did eight minutes--a quarter of a mile! Hooray! What an accomplishment for someone that was in a wheelchair exactly one year ago!

Tomorrow I will do upper body weight training, slow and easy. Now I just can't wait to open the pool next month so that I can start swimming. I feel so free when I am in the warm water...no pain at all!

I have been off prednisone for five days now. Hopefully I will start to see a difference in a week or two. I want to get back in shape...as best as I can. There are no guarantees that my muscles will regenerate. I will have to work around that.

Yesterday I had my hair relaxed...to let it grow. As my birthday approaches, I hope to discover the new me that is deep inside. The one who is still strong, happy and proud of who she is today, and what she has been through the last two and a half years.

I pray that each day brings me more strength and renewed hope. Watch out world, here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home