Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ch...Ch...Ch...Changes!

Today is the first full day of spring. Yippee!

I actually scheduled our pool opening for the end of April. I cannot wait to take my first plunge of the year!

The weeks are flying by...and I am still basically pain-free. I am exhausted, though, but I can deal with that. It takes quite a long time to actually get out of bed every morning. But once I am up, I usually do not go back into bed.

When I woke up this morning, I had a wonderful surprise. My face is actually going back to an oval shape. My weight hasn't changed much, but I can see and feel the fat slowly disappearing.

This evening I walked for seven minutes on the treadmill. And guess what? I RAN for 30 seconds! The first few seconds were a cinch, but then I had to go back to walking. But who would have thought a year ago, or even a month ago, that I would be able to attempt to run even for a second?!

God is giving me a second chance at life, and I want to make the most of it. But I will still take it a day at a time.

Later, alligator!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I'm enjoying reading your blog. With our health we have a lot of similarities - feel like I'm reading my own story.

I'm up to 10-12 minutes on the treadmill at 2.0-2.5 speed, incline 1.0. I also ride my recumbant bike 20-25 minutes. I just switched up to tension 2!

Keep moving foward! Take care,
Kristin

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home