Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Celebrate Good Times...Come On!

What a glorious day to be alive! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and I can hear the little children playing and laughing outside of the local elementary school around the corner from our house.

Why am I in such a great mood? Well, today is my 49th birthday! And when I woke up, I stood up out of bed and walked around the house...with very little discomfort.

You see, a year ago today:

  • I was in a wheelchair and used a cane to get around.
  • I couldn't take a shower without assistance.
  • I couldn't hold a fork without dropping it when I tried to eat.
  • I was having IVIG infusions by a homecare nurse.
  • I was in so much pain that some days I couldn't imagine going on.
  • I was in such a deep depression, that I never smiled.
  • I didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

But with the love of my family, friends and supporters...I am still here to celebrate another year of life. I want to thank each and every one of you for being there for me. You never gave up on me, despite all the negative forces surrounding me and this disease.

And I especially want to thank God for loving me and giving me the inner strength to believe in myself despite the odds set against me. I know I still have a long way to go, and I must continue to fight. But I have my boxing gloves on and will NEVER take them off.

Happy birthday to me!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Beverly. What a great start to your day! I have so much enjoyed reading your blog. When we first reacquainted and you told me you had health issues, I didn't know what MCTD was or grasp what you were going through. I now have a better understanding of how difficult things have been for you this past year. Your progress is truly amazing and inspiring. Have a wonderful day, enjoy it to the fullest!

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Sally said...

Dear Sweetie!!! Happy, Happy Birthday. Its amazing what we've come through -- seeing it in black and white brought it all rushing back. I have been focussing on how well you are coming along since your last new treatments, the baby steps you are taking and obstacles you are overcoming with each little step. I love you because you are fearless, and keep on going, regardless.

Keep on "Keepin' on", my love... there's lot's of fun to be had by both of us... and Jarrett.
Happy Birthday and many many more:)

183 - SallyGee

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Linda said...

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Beverly... Hey, I am actually singing. Be happy you can't hear me as I could never carry a tune!

It is so good to see how you are continuing to improve since we last spoke. God willing each day will be better and better. I have always told you that your marvelous attitude and outlook on life are just 2 of the many things that make you so special.

Lots of love to you on this special day (and every other day too!).
Linda

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Joanne and Kristen said...

It's a great day Bev! You are amazing. You are sooo strong. It's great to see you're in such a positive state. We love you!!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Happy birthday, indeed, with many, many more to come.

Z-man

11:25 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Happy Birthday! Keep up the good fight!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home