Wednesday, February 28, 2007

One Week Down and Counting

It's been just over a week since I finished my last Rituxan treatment. It was a rough few days...I felt so exhausted.

I did go out on Sunday, but it was tiring. Since I was chosen as this year's "Queen of Mardi Gras," I had to attend a rehearsal luncheon. It was great to be out, but I am not allowed to hug and kiss. (Everyone who knows me understands how difficult that is.) Then, that evening I went to an Oscar party. Too much for one day. I thought I was going to pass out.

It was beautiful outside that evening as we drove home...it had finally snowed a little bit. The night was so still...everything was coated in a blanket of white. There is something about the peacefulness that makes you truly appreciate Mother Nature in all her glory!

I have an appointment to see my rheumy on Tuesday to find out how I am progressing. I am nervous and excited about what he has to say. I suppose he will take blood tests, but I was told it could take 2-8 weeks until I see some positive results.

Even though my body is still so weak, I know in my heart that I must stay focused. Spring is just around the corner. Daffodils blooming, opening the pool, walks on the beach, ahh...so much to look foward to!

I have realized that life is like a rollercoaster ride.. all the ups and downs and bumps along the way.

With a chronic illness, you never know what will happen from day to day. But one thing I know for sure is that I have so much I still want to do...so I pray that my body stays in sync with my mind!

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Started reading the blog. You really can write. I shouldn't be surprised by that but it is a pleasure to read your prose. All people around you need to help you keep your spirits up. You are among the best that humanity has to offer (Of course, so are all the band member, so we recognize this in you.) We await your return, even if it is just to sit, listen and critique. You are missed.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home